Topic: phpMyAdmin permission

Hi

I'm using RHEL7. Every time there's an update to phpMyAdmin, the RPM tries to set apache:apache permissions on /etc/phpMyAdmin (and possibly other places as well?), but can't and chooses root:root instead.

Is it possible to only create the permissions on install instead of every update? I'm using nginx/php-fpm and phpMyAdmin has it's own user, so every time there's an update, phpMyAdmin can't read the config, and I have to change it manually.

Re: phpMyAdmin permission

This package is designed to work "out of the box" with php-fpm defautl configuration.

> I'm using nginx/php-fpm and phpMyAdmin has it's own user

Dont know why you think you have to does this, but simply add this user in the apache group.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

3 (edited by Jakovitz 2015-06-03 09:08:55)

I isolate every single one of my web applications (by letting them run as individual users), including 3rd party stuff like phpMyAdmin. It happens to be a legal requirement on this particular server.

I don't have an apache group, I have an nginx group. I just wish it would be possible to not change permissions once installed.

Sorry, but this is not possible.

Packaged applications rely on the "apache" group.

More, if you have various pools/users, it's very probably a bad idea to use phpMyAdmin package.
As you need 1 instance (configuration) of phpMyAdmin per pool/user.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Remi wrote:

Sorry, but this is not possible.

That's too bad.

Remi wrote:

More, if you have various pools/users, it's very probably a bad idea to use phpMyAdmin package.
As you need 1 instance (configuration) of phpMyAdmin per pool/user.

This is not a problem. The applications use the same MySQL server, but with different privileges.