Topic: PHP 5.4 instead of 5.5 packages ...

Hello

while trying to update my ownCloud-Server to version 8.1 yum wants to install 5.4 packages, although I am running PHP 5.5 and no 5.4 packages remaining in the system. Formerly I had PHP 5.4. When trying to install this package ...

[root@wwwneu ~]# yum deplist owncloud-app-encryption
Geladene Plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit, security
Suche Abhängigkeiten:
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
 * centosplus: centosmirror.netcup.net
 * epel: ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de
 * extras: centosmirror.netcup.net
 * remi: remi.schlundtech.de
 * remi-php55: remi.schlundtech.de
 * rpmforge: mirror1.hs-esslingen.de
 * rpmforge-extras: mirror1.hs-esslingen.de
 * updates: mirror.imt-systems.com
3704 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Paket: owncloud-app-encryption.noarch 8.1.0-13.1
  Abhängigkeit: owncloud-server-core = 8.1.0
   provider: owncloud-server.noarch 8.1.0-13.1
   provider: owncloud-server-scl-php54.noarch 8.1.0-13.1

the system wants to install owncloud-server-scl-php54 instead of owncloud-server. When I try to update the following packages would be installed, but I do not want these 5.4 packages as I have already all the 5.5 packages installed and in use.

Installiert für Abhängigkeiten:
 owncloud-app-encryption                             noarch                      8.1.0-13.1                                isv_ownCloud_community                      108 k
 owncloud-server-scl-php54                           noarch                      8.1.0-13.1                                isv_ownCloud_community                       17 M
 php54                                               x86_64                      2.1-1.el6.remi                            remi                                        3.3 k
 php54-php                                           x86_64                      5.4.43-1.el6.remi                         remi                                        1.4 M
 php54-php-cli                                       x86_64                      5.4.43-1.el6.remi                         remi                                        2.7 M
 php54-php-common                                    x86_64                      5.4.43-1.el6.remi                         remi                                        572 k
 php54-php-gd                                        x86_64                      5.4.43-1.el6.remi                         remi                                        118 k
 php54-php-mbstring                                  x86_64                      5.4.43-1.el6.remi                         remi                                        491 k
 php54-php-pdo                                       x86_64                      5.4.43-1.el6.remi                         remi                                         85 k
 php54-php-pear                                      noarch                      1:1.9.5-9.el6.remi                        remi                                        359 k
 php54-php-pecl-zip                                  x86_64                      1.12.4-2.el6.remi                         remi                                        252 k
 php54-php-process                                   x86_64                      5.4.43-1.el6.remi                         remi                                         48 k
 php54-php-xml                                       x86_64                      5.4.43-1.el6.remi                         remi                                        112 k
 php54-runtime                                       x86_64                      2.1-1.el6.remi                            remi                                        1.0 M

On another server that I have this worked without problems. There only owncloud-server is installed.

Does anybody have an idea why this server thinks it needs owncloud-server-scl-php54 instead of owncloud-server?

Andreas

Re: PHP 5.4 instead of 5.5 packages ...

Sorry but, I can't really help you with packages from another repo I don't know about.

But it seems  owncloud-app-encryption requires "owncloud-server-core" which is provided by  owncloud-server OR owncloud-server-scl-php54
So, try to install owncloud-server-core first.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Thank you very much for your quick response. The problem is not with the different repo from ownCloud. As I mentioned I have the same setting on another sever (also with your GREAT repo) and there the system does not try to install owncloud-server-scl-php54.

Only on this server, the system thinks there is PHP 5.4 installed. This is the only case where owncloud-server-scl-php54 is installed as an alternative to owncloud-server. In the description it is written, that this package is installed only if PHP recognizes a PHP installation via SCL.

So ... I think the problem is, that something remained in the system when I upgrade to PHP 5.5. Any idea how I can clean up my system?

AS I said, install owncloud-server-core first.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi