Topic: Mysql Dependency Error

Hi, (thanks for the great repo)

I'm trying to update from mysql 5.1.37 to 5.2.41 (on Fedora 11), but I'm getting dependency errors.

mysql-server-5.1.41-1.el5.remi.x86_64 from remi has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: libssl.so.6()(64bit) is needed by package mysql-server-5.1.41-1.el5.remi.x86_64 (remi)

This is pretty weird since I have OpenSSL 0.9.8k installed, and subsequently, have the file:

/usr/lib64/libssl.so.8

Here's my current repolist:

Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, refresh-packagekit
repo id                                                              repo name                                                                                     status
epel                                                                 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64                                                enabled:  4,785
fedora                                                               Fedora 11 - x86_64                                                                            enabled: 16,577
fedora-source                                                        Fedora 11 - Source                                                                            enabled:  7,446
livna                                                                rpm.livna.org for 11 - x86_64                                                                 enabled:      3
pgdg84                                                               PostgreSQL 8.4 11 - x86_64                                                                    enabled:     14
remi                                                                 Les RPM de remi pour Fedora 11 - x86_64                                                       enabled:    373
rpmfusion-free                                                       RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Free                                                               enabled:    423
rpmfusion-free-updates                                               RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Free - Updates                                                     enabled:    590
updates                                                              Fedora 11 - x86_64 - Updates                                                                  enabled:  8,361
updates-source                                                       Fedora 11 - Updates Source                                                                    enabled:  3,007
repolist: 41,579

Re: Mysql Dependency Error

I'm trying to update from mysql 5.1.37 to 5.2.41 (on Fedora 11), but I'm getting dependency errors.

You should then use remi repository for Fedora 11.

mysql-server-5.1.41-1.el5.remi.x86_64 (remi)

You are using remi for Enterprise Linux 5.

Please review the Configuration
(you should also remove EPEL).

+

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

D'oh!

Eh bien, ca marche maintent. Merci. big_smile

Sorry to bug you again..

On a CentOS 5 machine, is it possible these repo's could be causing a conflict/problem?

repo id                                   repo name                                                                              status
addons                                    CentOS-5 - Addons                                                                      enabled:     0
base                                      CentOS-5 - Base                                                                        enabled: 3,348
epel                                      Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64                                         enabled: 4,797
epel-source                               Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64 - Source                                enabled: 2,350
extras                                    CentOS-5 - Extras                                                                      enabled:   290
pgdg84                                    PostgreSQL 8.4 5 - x86_64                                                              enabled:   126
remi                                      Les RPM de remi pour Enterpise Linux 5 - x86_64                                        enabled:   373
rpmforge                                  Red Hat Enterprise 5 - RPMforge.net - dag                                              enabled: 9,539
updates                                   CentOS-5 - Updates                                                                     enabled:   363
repolist: 21,186

I ask because mysql 5.1.41 that I installed the other day (upgrade) works, but the replication over ssl isn't. I didn't change anything in my configuration, but i now get weird ssl auth errors that did not exist before, and they only exist on this one centos machine that I upgrade to 5.1.41.. sad

Yes.

RPM in Remi repo are designed to work "only" with base, updates and EPEL.

There are possible conflicts between EPEL and rpmforge, and I don't know for pgdg84.

For replication, which are version of master slave ? Have you respect upgrade path (slave before master), etc...

I know there is replication issue betwen old master (4.x) and recent slave (5.1)

+

pgdg84 = PostgreSQL repo (unrelated since I don't think you carry Postgres).

I set the priority for rpmforge to 3, so I don't think it's interfering with remi.repo..

The slave is running 5.1.39 (FC11's dist.)

091211 11:01:06 [ERROR] Slave I/O: error connecting to master 'xxxxx@xxxxx:3306' - retry-time: 10  retries: 86400, Error_code: 2026
091211 11:01:16 [ERROR] Slave I/O: error connecting to master 'xxxxx@xxxxx:3306' - retry-time: 10  retries: 86400, Error_code: 1045

It only seems to happen on the server that I upgraded.. sad

On a different server I've got Server version: 5.1.39-log MySQL Community Server (GPL) by Remi, and it's using the exact same ssl keys, same centos distro, same repos..  and it works..

I don't suppose you have a copy of 5.1.39 lying around somewhere so I can downgrade? tongue

AFAIK, and according to http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ … grade.html
- version slave >= version master is ok
- version slave < version master is not supported
so try upgrading you slave first

Else, ask me exact distro / version / arch you need, I will upload it to my archive folder.

+

I had the slave and master both running 5.1.41, however it was unable to replicate from any of the masters, once I downgraded the slave to 5.1.39, I was able again to replicate from 4 of the masters, the one that's left is the CentOS 5 server running 5.1.41.

The last working version that I was using from you was:

Server version: 5.1.39-log MySQL Community Server (GPL) by Remi

5.1.39-1.el5.remi

Thanks smile

And which arch ? big_smile

Upload in archives for i386 and x86_64

+

Right, x64. sorry, heh. wink

Thanks.

Yup, that fixed it.. Dunno what the problem is with 5.1.41..  hopefully it'll be fixed in 42, otherwise I'll be stuck with this version.