Topic: Error running ocsinventory-agent

Hello,
I updated to the latest ocsinventory-agent-1.1.1-1.el5.remi on CentOS 5.4

#uname -a

Linux ocsi.greenebinstairs.lan 2.6.18-164.9.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Dec 15 21:04:57 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

The last entries in /var/log/ocsinventry-agent/ocsinventory-agent.log
[Wed Dec 23 08:01:01 2009] Running ocsinventory-agent --wait 100 --tag=Server --lazy --server=localhost
Can't locate object method "new" via package "Ocsinventory::Agent::Config" at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Ocsinventory/Agent.pm line 44.
[Wed Dec 23 08:01:03 2009] End of cron job (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin)

All of my packages come from #yum repolist
repo id      repo name                                            status
addons       CentOS-5 - Addons                                    enabled:     0
base         CentOS-5 - Base                                      enabled: 2,535
epel         Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - i386         enabled: 3,946
extras       CentOS-5 - Extras                                    enabled:   325
remi         Les RPM de remi pour Enterprise Linux 5 - i386       enabled:   386
updates      CentOS-5 - Updates                                   enabled:   336

except for the subversion packages installed from rpmforge.

Thank you for reading this post.

Andrew

Re: Error running ocsinventory-agent

Check you don't have any file provided by a previous "manual" installation.

Also check that all your perl module are from EPEL or base (not from rpmforge)

rpm -qa perl\* | sort

+

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Re: Error running ocsinventory-agent

Thank you Remi,
I did have some perl files from a "manual" installation. Tracing back from the path in the error message it took me to s site_perl directory, that had several nested folders that ended with a Ocsinventory directory. I deleted all of those directories, and ran

# ocsinventory-agent -f -s localhost

The command completed with any messages and the computer was updated with all the new info from the server in ocsreports.
Thank you,
Andrew