Topic: rebuild mysql-5.1.44-1.remi.src.rpm

Hi,

I am trying to rebuild the mysql-5.1.44-1.remi.src.rpm and am having a bit of a problem.
My setup is trying to build in mock as centos-5-i386 (and x86_64) and it gets to an error regarding LT_INIT and LT_PREREQ

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
./configure: line 2343: LT_INIT: command not found
./configure: line 2344: syntax error near unexpected token `1.5.6'
./configure: line 2344: `LT_PREREQ(1.5.6)'
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.25384 (%build)

I tried to rebuild the previous version 5.1.43 source rpm too and had the same problem.
The searching I did regarding this says that the you should re-run libtoolize --force, aclocal and automake to ensure things are as they should be.  The rpm build process does this as per the debug output from mock.

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks for your repository and all the good it does!

Re: rebuild mysql-5.1.44-1.remi.src.rpm

I am trying to rebuild the mysql-5.1.44-1.remi.src.rpm

Why don't you simply get the binary packages ?

and am having a bit of a problem.

I have wrote a patch for this issue (but perhaps not include in my .src.rpm as I include it quite late in my build process)

--- configure.in.remi    2010-02-19 18:19:45.000000000 +0100
+++ configure.in    2010-02-19 18:19:58.000000000 +0100
@@ -14,8 +14,6 @@
 # TAR files, the path name is split into two parts, a 155 chacater
 # first part and a 100 character second part.
 AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([1.9 tar-ustar])
-LT_INIT
-LT_PREREQ([1.5.6])

AM_CONFIG_HEADER([include/config.h])

+

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Re: rebuild mysql-5.1.44-1.remi.src.rpm

Thanks!  This solved the problem!

We ran into a problem when you switched primary support to php 5.3 from 5.2  We decided to make a custom repository for the remi packages we use so we can't accidentally break a production system.  A vendor forced us to go to php 5.2 on el5 which is why I found your wonderful repository.  I can't force our developers to fix things to work with php 5.3 and I wanted to be able to build/patch what we depend on.  When we get things fixed to work with php 5.3 I will switch back directly to your repository and all will be good.  I have copied the binary mysql packages into our repository and all is good but I needed to be able to build in an emergency.

Without worrying about rolling the mysql servers back to 5.0 from 5.1 I wanted to have your versions in the repository when re-building the php rpm's with 5.2.13.

Thanks for your help!