Topic: OCS-Mass-Import: What exactly is the 'cache information'?

Hi all,

Have been using GLPI for about 3 months now, and OCS with Remi's mass-importer for about 1 month.

--- CentOS v5.4, GLPI 0.72.4, OCS v1.3.1 ---

I decided to start playing with importing software from OCS but one thing is confusing me: What exactly is the 'Cache informations', visible by clicking 'Dictionaries'...'Software'...then clicking 'Cache informations' within GLPI?

Currently it's showing:

Adobe 5
Framework 2
GlavSoft 1
Hewlett Packard 3
Kaspersky 2
Microsoft 213
OCS 1
runtime 2
Security updates 112
Spell Checker 1
Sun 1
Total (11) 343

I know they are relevant to dictionary rules that I have defined, but in the example of 'Hewlett Packard', I am just renaming derivatives of Hewlett Packard's many names to 'Hewlett Packard'. Yet, no software is actually pulling through to the GLPI.

I have seen some software come through earlier today (so I know the basic requirements for it), but it seems that as soon as I start using GLPI's software dictionary it borks it, and no software comes through at all.

I just wanted to understand the 'cache' thing better, to hopefully help me gain a better understanding of the overall problem.

By 'cached', does it mean 'buffered' somewhere? Could anyone please explain?

Re: OCS-Mass-Import: What exactly is the 'cache information'?

As this question is not RPM specific, you will get more answer from GLPI forums.

If you clic on a line, you should see the detail content of the cache

The cache is a solution to avoid executing all the rules for each new import. The result of the engine is stored and reused when needed.

+

P.S. GLPI dictionary couldn't work if OCS dictionary is used.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi