Topic: Apache Segment Fault --> PHP PECL MEMCACHE

Hi after

yum update.... (php-pecl-memcache-3.0.7-2.el6.remi.x86_64)

i got these errors:

[notice] child pid 18633 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

i couldnt reach my sites, which use php memcache, unfortunaly i couldnt debug what exactly in php-pecl-memcache caused this.

I could fix it only downgreading it back to php-pecl-memcache-3.0.6-5.el6.remi.x86_64

Re: Apache Segment Fault --> PHP PECL MEMCACHE

Hum... strange... this new version is supposed to fix a segfault...

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

no clue, i can look in my log files, /var/log, but i need to know after what... httpd logs where only the error code above full, by the way are you able to reproduce it?

uname -a
Linux xxx 2.6.32-279.5.2.el6.centos.plus.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 24 00:25:34 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

What i all did, reinstall hole php 5.4 didnt worked, (remi-test), couldnt downgrade with php5.4 and than i removed hole php5.4 and installed php5.3 (remi) and than downgrade php-pecl-memcache, else it still didnt worked.

Well, I can reproduce some new segfaults (with upstream test suite)

So, I revert the upstream fix, to a previous version (even if this version probably have a few possible memory leak, ...)

Please try 3.0.7-3 which should be soon in the repository.

ok thanks ill check it tomorrow out.

Build done, for PHP 5.3 and PHP 5.4

7 (edited by daniel210 2012-10-01 12:57:44)

Description
bool Memcache::addServer ( string $host [, int $port = 11211 [, bool $persistent [, int $weight [, int $timeout [, int $retry_interval [, bool $status [, callable $failure_callback [, int $timeoutms ]]]]]]]] )we are providing
Memcache::addServer() adds a server to the connection pool. The connection, which was opened using Memcache::addServer() will be automatically closed at the end of script execution, you can also close it manually with Memcache::close(). You can also use the memcache_add_server() function.Just clcik here and get paid from

When using this method (as opposed to Memcache::connect() and Memcache::pconnect()) the network connection is not established until actually needed. Thus there is no overhead in adding a large number of servers to the pool, even though they might not all be used. Failover may occur at any stage in any of the methods, as long as other servers are available the request the user won't notice. Any kind of socket or Memcached server level errors (except out-of-memory) may trigger the failover. Normal client errors such as adding an existing key will not trigger a failover.

please clicl here to know aboutonline topup