Topic: Firefox sync fails on your build

Hello

I am running Firefox 4.0b7 from your repos on the x86-64 architecture. Sync fails on my install but not from the official builds. I were told this is a packager issue and not a upstream firefox issue.

The error I get in about:sync-log is:
2010-11-17 20:11:02    Service.Main         INFO    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
2010-11-17 20:11:02    Service.Main         DEBUG    Crypto check failed: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]"  nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://services-sync/util.js :: anonymous :: line 365"  data: no]
2010-11-17 20:11:02    Service.Main         INFO    Could not load the Weave crypto component. Disabling Weave, since it will not work correctly.
2010-11-17 20:11:02    Service.Main         INFO    Weave Sync disabled

Sync will fail with a "Unknown error" in the user interface.

Re: Firefox sync fails on your build

I were told this is a packager issue and not a upstream firefox issue.

A link to the bugzilla entry ?

Which version of fedora ?
Are all the updates installed ?

+

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

I didn't report it. I went to the firefox support channel on irc.mozilla.org and asked for help there. They made me download the official firefox release and test sync there. I did and sync worked fine. They then told me to report it to the packager as it wasn't an upstream issue.

I am running Firefox 14 on 64 bit and I'm installing some updates now. I'm suspecting I will have to reboot afterwards. Maybe they got pushed over night as I remember I installed some updates yesterday too.

I will try to make some tests, but probably not before next week.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi