Topic: Installing phpMyAdmin when using a Software Collection

Hi,

I previously replaced my base PHP package on Centos7 with a single version of PHP 7.3 from remi's repository.  I also installed phpMyAdmin (sudo yum --enablerepo=remi install phpMyAdmin)

But, then I needed multiple versions of PHP, and also took the opportunity to go from mod_php to php-fpm, so did the following:

sudo yum-config-manager --enable remi-php73
sudo yum remove php mod_php php-cli etc... #Did not remove phpMyAdmin
sudo yum install php73 php73-php-fpm etc
sudo yum install php72 php72-php-fpm etc

All is working smile

But then I found phpMyAdmin is no longer working, and also that /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/ is missing which explains why it isn't working.

So, I went to reinstall it, but seems that doing so will reinstall a new version of PHP where my base package had been.  With --enablerepo=remi, there are 55 dependent packages, and without specifying the repo, there are 15.

Could/should I have installed php73 (my default) the same was as a single version (i.e. php and not php73) and replace my base version resulting in the standard /etc/php.ini, etc, and then install php72 as the second version which will use /etc/opt/remi/php72/*?  This seems to make sense, but I don't any of the documentation states to do so.

How can I install phpMyAdmin without adding a new duplicated instance of PHP?

Thanks!

Re: Installing phpMyAdmin when using a Software Collection

> Could/should I have installed php73 (my default) the same was as a single version (i.e. php and not php73) and replace my base version resulting in the standard /etc/php.ini, etc, and then install php72 as the second version which will use /etc/opt/remi/php72/*? 

Yes.

1/ 7.3 single/default version which will be used by phpMyAdmin and other packaged app.

2/ 7.2, 7.1, ... as multiple version, installed beside the default one

Of course you can use FPM for all versions

See https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017 … tion-tips/

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Re: Installing phpMyAdmin when using a Software Collection

Thank you Remi!  Not only for responding to my question, but for creating and maintaining your repo.