Topic: php73-php-pecl

I have made several attempts to download a suite of php73-php-pecl extensions to my local RHEL 7.8 environment, however the installs continually freezes at one of the extensions with no associated error message.  I have allowed the freeze to stand for several hours to make sure that it was not a temporary network issue, but once it pauses, it remains paused.  Because I have gone through several iterations of this attempt, the specific extensions vary but the commonly share the php73-php-pecl...... prefix.  I have attempted "yum clean all" followed by yum makecache", "yum-complete-transaction", "yum history new" and "yum history sync" in order to move past this issue.  The only thing that changes is the specific extensions.  I initially had my yum.conf file configured to exclude php54, php70 php71, php72, php74 and php74, so that I would limit the downloads and installs to php73 or similar 7.3 versions of PHP.  This is so that my local environment is aligned with the version running on my hosted VPS production environment.

I have subsequently removed the excludes from the yum.conf file but disabled remi-php54. remi-php70, remi-php71, remi-php72, and remi-php74 repositories; executing "yum install php*".  It now froze at the install of php74-php-pecl-uopz-6.1.1-1.el7.remi.x86_64, which I do not want, but will accept just to keep it moving.  I would like to know why this stalls and how to fix it.

Re: php73-php-pecl

> "yum install php*".

You don't need this, too much things.

I recommend you follow the wizard for proper installation
and only install extensions you need

IIRC I encounter this issue in the past, but on some messy installation with nearly everything installed.
I need to find the culprit extension (could also be a couple of not compatible extension), but this is a long way (uopz being a candidate)

I cannot reproduce on standard installation, with a minimal set of commonly used extensions.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi