Topic: roundcube plugin configuration files

Historically, roundcubemail packages that I have used have allowed plugin configuration files to exist and be site-customized in /etc/roundcubemail/<plugin-name>.inc.php.

This does not seem to be working in the roundcubemail packaged by Remi.  I can only seem to make modifications have effect in /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/<plugin-name>/config.inc.php.

https://docs.kolab.org/administrator-gu … rence.html makes reference to /etc/roundcubemail/<plugin_name>.inc.php:

plugins/<plugin_name>/config.inc.php

Each plugin that requires configuration ships a config.inc.php.dist.

As you may have suspected, these configuration files too are created symbolic links for, to /etc/roundcubemail/<plugin_name>.inc.php.

The part about the symlinking to /etc/roundcubemail/<plugin_name>.inc.php is interesting.  I don't recall if that was the mechanism that I have used in the past or whether roundcube is supposed to support having plugin config files in /etc/roundcubemail/ directly or if that was a packaging-addition made by the packager.

In any case, what is the expected mechanism to configure plugins with the Remi roundcubemail package?  Is one really supposed to edit /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/<plugin-name>/config.inc.php directly?

Re: roundcube plugin configuration files

IIRC, everything have to be configured in /etc/roundcubemail, copying provided .dist example file

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Well, indeed, that is what I thought.  But changes to config files (renamed to remove .dist) in /etc/roundcubemail are not being applied.

It works for me...

$ cat /etc/roundcube/enigma.inc.php
<?php
error_log(__FILE__, 4);

And in server log

PHP message: /etc/roundcubemail/enigma.inc.php

(check that this file is readable by the web server user)

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi