Topic: Need help getting an old package from php 5.2.9

Hi,

We have depended on remi for our PHP packages because the default packages for RHEL5 are too old (we need at least 5.2, they have only 5.1.6).

However, now we've run into a big snag.  One part of our application will not work with php 5.3 yet.  We are working on updating it however it will take quite some time and we're just not ready yet.  Unfortunately, we *need* to install the php-tidy extension for php 5.2.9 and although it appears the RPM for i386/EL5/5.2.9 once existed, now it no longer seems to be available anywhere.  We already have a new part of the application written that uses the tidy extension, and on our development systems (running Debian) it has been working well, so the boss does not really understand why we cannot get this working on Redhat and wants it done now.  We installed the PECL extension not realizing it wouldn't work at all with php5 and now we are *screwed*, the application will not work and we seem to be out of options.  I tried upgrading a test system to 5.2.10 (which still appears to have available packages) but nothing works...  the machine is hosed.  Even though the 5.2.10 packages are installed no extensions will install because they say that the packages are not there.

I just do not know what to do with this thing.  All I know is, if we had the 5.2.9 RPM for php-tidy we would not be having any of this trouble right now.  If someone could find it in their heart to dig out this package for me from somewhere or tell me where it is still available, I would be eternally grateful.  Thank you!!!!

Re: Need help getting an old package from php 5.2.9

Of course, right after I ask, I finally found a copy of the RPM on someone else's blog.  Strange that it didn't show up on google, but I suppose google isn't perfect!  Anyway, we got the extension installed and all is well.  Thanks for your wonderful repository, it really enables us to actually *use* redhat.... :-)

So, what does one do to install PHP 5.2.11, instead of the 5.3.2 that's current;y offered in the repo?

Read : php-5.2.13

+

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi