Topic: oci8 with parallel php56

In short, I can't get oci8 to work with a parallel php 5.6 installation.

Background:

I'm on a Red Hat 6 server which is running the stock PHP 5.3.3, for which I have oci8 working -- this apparently depends on having Oracle's 11.2 library.  This is working fine.

I also have installed PHP 5.6 from Remi to run in parallel -- this is also working. I also understand that this depends on Oracle's 12.1 library, which I have installed.

However, I believe the parallel PHP 5.6 is configured to read LD_LIBRARY_PATH to reach the right library, and since LD_LIBRARY_PATH is already set to point to the right path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/lib) for PHP 5.3.3, I am having a problem with getting PHP 5.6 to correctly reach the right Oracle library.

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but is there a way to specify an environment variable as an alternative to LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  Or perhaps there is some other approach to solving this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Re: oci8 with parallel php56

You really have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to 12.1 client path.

You can set to both as the content is different (using : separated list)

Or set it to 11.2 in apache or fpm environmment which use 5.3 and to 12.1 in apache or fpm environment which use 5.6 (see /etc/sysconfig/httpd for mod_php and /root/etc/sysconfig/php-fpm/etc/sysconfig/php-fpm for FPM)

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Thank you for the quick reply.  I had figured it out for my web apps (by modifying the php cgi wrapper) and what you said re: colon separated list works for the CLI.  All set.

smile

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi