Topic: Cleanest way to get imageantialias from GD working with remi-repo ?

Hello all, first of all, thanks for this repo and the work you do here, now to my question:

We have Centos 7.x servers that we upgraded from php5.4 to php5.6 using remi - with this command:

wget dlfedoraproject DOT org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm && rpm -Uvh epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm && wget rpms.famillecollet  DOT com/enterprise/remi-release-7.rpm && rpm -Uvh remi-release-7*.rpm && yum-confi g-manager --enable remi && yum-config-manager --enable remi-php56 && yum -y upgrade php*

After the upgrade everything was working, awesome! But soon we found out that this function - http://php.net/manual/en/function.imageantialias.php is not supported even though GD is installed. Then we learned that in some distros it is compiled with this function by default (such as Centos before the upgrade), while in some it is not compiled with this funcion etc. Unfortunately remi is without it and we kind of need it.

I would like to ask whether someone knows what would be the cleanest way of getting that imageantialias support?  We dont want to recompile php / keep recompiling every time there is some change... Replacing the .so file with the version from webtatic repo works, but that has the same problems, customers on their servers might update php and it gets overwritten etc...

Is there some simple way we are missing? Like I heard noises about some bundled version of GD lib that solves this but cant find it for php5.6...Thanks for ideas.

Re: Cleanest way to get imageantialias from GD working with remi-repo ?

imageantialias is not available in all distro (and in my repo) which use system libgd.

This function will very probably be dropped of PHP sooner or later, when bundled libgd will be synced with upstream, better to not rely on it.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Re: Cleanest way to get imageantialias from GD working with remi-repo ?

wow, Thanks for the quick response with background info! Ok we will try to find some replacement function / library for it then, better now than later.