Topic: Centos 7: uwsgi-Deployment with PHP 7.1

Hi,

I am deploying all of my web applications on CentOS 7 through uWSGI (Pyhton 2, Python 3 and PHP 5.4). I would like to use Remi's updated PHP version, but the repository is missing the uWSGI-plugins (something like uwsgi-plugin-php71). The default uwsgi-plugin-php from CentOS is built against PHP 5.4 and therefore does not work with Remi's versions.

How can I deploy Remi's updated PHP version through uWSGI? Would it be possible to provide the relevant uWSGI-PHP-Plugin for each version?

Thanks,
aofwer

Re: Centos 7: uwsgi-Deployment with PHP 7.1

> How can I deploy Remi's updated PHP version through uWSGI? Would it be possible to provide the relevant uWSGI-PHP-Plugin for each version?

Please open a RFE on https://github.com/remicollet/remirepo/issues

I need to think about this.
BTW, can't you use FPM which is supported by most web servers ?
What is the uwsgi benefit ?

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Hi,

okay, I'll open an issue on GitHub. Just to explain my motivation:

I am running uWSGI in a shared environment, because I am using some of uWSGI's advanced security features, such as namespaces. I know I could also use real containers (such as lxc or docker), but the management with uWSGI is way more convenient. And since I am also using the uWSGI emperor mode I can move some decisions to the users - they can decide whether they want to run a Python 2, Python 3 or PHP application in their personal webspace and they can also tune some parameters of their uWSGI-vassals themselves (without being root of course). All of this would not be possible with FPM.

And uWSGI is also supported by all major web servers (I am using it with Apache and nginx).

Issue https://github.com/remicollet/remirepo/issues/71 is fixed

Feedback very welcome (on the issue)

Closing this thread.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi