Topic: Compiling .src.rpm php 5.3.10 under apache 2.4.1

Hi

Did anybody managed to *compile* remi src.rpm of 5.3.10 php under apache 2.4.1?

I am trying to compile this src.rpm on centos 6.2 and apache 2.4.1. I am after standard libphp5.so module for apache (that runs as prefork, without php-fpm cgi etc)
and I am failing.

Compiling finishes ok and packages are installed ok as well, however when I am trying to run apache, here what is in my log files:

HP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/pgsql.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/pgsql.so: undefined symbol: executor_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/phar.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/phar.so: undefined symbol: sapi_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/posix.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/posix.so: undefined symbol: core_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/pspell.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/pspell.so: undefined symbol: core_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: recode: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with build ID=API20090626,NTS\nPHP    compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/soap.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/soap.so: undefined symbol: sapi_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/sqlite3.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/sqlite3.so: undefined symbol: executor_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: sysvmsg: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with build ID=API20090626,NTS\nPHP    compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: sysvsem: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with build ID=API20090626,NTS\nPHP    compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: sysvshm: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with build ID=API20090626,NTS\nPHP    compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/tidy.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/tidy.so: undefined symbol: core_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/wddx.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/wddx.so: undefined symbol: executor_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/xmlreader.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/xmlreader.so: undefined symbol: executor_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/xmlrpc.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/xmlrpc.so: undefined symbol: executor_globals in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: xmlwriter: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with build ID=API20090626,NTS\nPHP    compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0

etc.

I am running apache in prefork mode.
I did not change anything in src.rpm except providing path to postgres 9.1 libraries.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Regards,
A.

Re: Compiling .src.rpm php 5.3.10 under apache 2.4.1

There is a bug in php 5.3.10 and 5.4.0 which break build (MPM detection) under httpd 2.4

This will be fixed in 5.3.11 and 5.4.1.

So you have to wait for upstream release or patch autoconf script.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Hi Remi,

Thank you for the quick response smile
I thought I was doing something wrong during the compilation.

Do you know if the patch exists and if yes can you provide the link to it?

Thanks,
A.

Hi Remi,

Don't bother, I have recompiled version 5.3.11RC and it worked. However to make it work you have to have apache already configured in prefork mode for the script to properly detect prefork.

Thanks again!
A.