Topic: Build PHP with Oracle support

I am trying to build PHP using the 5.4.16 source RPM from Remi's repo as a starting point. The build works if I do not ask for Oracle client support. When I add the --with oci8 option I get:

Error: No Package found for oracle-instantclient-devel >= 11.2

I then download and build the oracle client from the Remi repo and install these necessary packages on the build machine:

<mock-chroot>[root@vagrant-centos /]# rpm -qa | grep -i oracle
oracle-instantclient-basic-11.2.0.3.0-1
oracle-instantclient-devel-11.2.0.3.0-1
<mock-chroot>[root@vagrant-centos /]

I still get Error: No Package found for oracle-instantclient-devel >= 11.2. Does anyone have any suggestions or can identify where I have made a mistake?

thank you

Brad

Re: Build PHP with Oracle support

1/ why don't you simply use the provided binary RPM ?

2/ this error is during mock setup ?

So the generated oracle RPM must be available in a repo used by mock.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Remi

Thank you for the reply. I need to rebuild the RPMs due to a restriction on using external yum repositories (besides RedHat). I tried to make the case to allow EPEL and Remi repositories but was told no.

I will try adding a local repo to the build VM and see if that works. I had been trying the following sequence:

1. mock -r el5config init
2. mock -r el5config install oracle-instantclient-basic-xxx.rpm oracle-instantclient-devel-xxx.rpm
3. mock -r el5config --no-clean rebuild php5.xxx.src.rpm --with oci

If I use mock to shell into the chroot rpm has the packages but for some reason mock does not find the necessary devel rpm for OCI 8.

Brad

Remi

I was able to configure a local yum repository and have created a success build. Thank you for your help.

Brad