Topic: Fusion Inventory Agent

Hello,

I am using your 2.1.9-1 version fusioninventory-agent rpm for CentOS 5.6 and Centos 6.  I have a couple of questions.

1. Do you plan on packaging the 2.1.9-3 version of this package?

2. I am having issues with fusioninventory-agent on these same Centos 5.6 and 6 systems.  Not everytime but once every couple of weeks or so when an inventory is ran it causes the network connection to FREEZE.  The server is still running but the network connection in and out of the server stops.  I have to do a "service network restart" and all is good again.  I have narrowed it down to FusionInventory-agent as being the problem.  I also had the issue when I was running OCS inventory agent as well.  It seems to still be a problem.  I have fusioninventory-agent running in DAEMON mode and it doesn't happen everytime, that's the weird thing.  Not sure if you have ever had this happen or know of a fix.  I tried posting on fusioninventory-agent's forum but their developer had no solutions except to try their pre-built 2.1.9-3 tar package instead of the rpm.  Figured I would try the rpm of the 2.1.9-3 if you could build it.

If you could escalate this to the developers of fusioninventory that would be great.  I have over 100+ windows machines that run perfectly fine with fusion agent.  My linux boxes are the ones with issues and they are production machines so it's a pretty big issue.

Thanks

Re: Fusion Inventory Agent

Version 2.1.9 is the only upstream released version.
(don't know what the -3, for prebuild, means)

What is your server running ? (OS ? ocs ? glpi ? fusion ?)

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Hi nascar2z,

The agent runs these command during the inventory:
ifconfig -a
route -n
iwconfig $ifName
brctl show

You can try running them directly but I doubt you get reproduce that this way. I wonder if this can be linked to a driver/hardware issue like a deadlock if iwconfig $ifName regulary on a network interface. This is very confusing.

the 3 in 2.1.9-3 means: This is the 3rd version of the prebuilt generated from 2.1.9. Exactly like the -X in a .rpm or a .deb.

Remi wrote:

Version 2.1.9 is the only upstream released version.
(don't know what the -3, for prebuild, means)

What is your server running ? (OS ? ocs ? glpi ? fusion ?)

Hi Remi,

The link below shows multiple releases in the 2.1.9 branch of the agent.  I'm not sure what changed but it appears to be revisions of the 2.1.9.

http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/sta … -5.6-i386/

I am running GLPI 78.5 and Fusion Inventory for GLPI 2.3.6 both from your Repo.

We run a mix of the following linux server operating systems.

CentOS 5.5 and 5.6

Scientific Linux 6 and 6.1

All of the machines that have had this happen are running CentOS 5.5 or 5.6.

Release (number after the dash) is the packaging version.

So, you cannot compare this number for RPM or prebuild agent.

Sources still the same, ie 2.1.9

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Remi wrote:

Release (number after the dash) is the packaging version.

So, you cannot compare this number for RPM or prebuild agent.

Sources still the same, ie 2.1.9

Understand.  Thanks for the clarification.  I will keep investigating the cause and see what I can come up with.

Thanks

Keep up the good work.  Looking forward to Fusion Inventory 2.4 so I can finally upgrade to GLPI 80.2.

goneri wrote:

Hi nascar2z,

The agent runs these command during the inventory:
ifconfig -a
route -n
iwconfig $ifName
brctl show

You can try running them directly but I doubt you get reproduce that this way. I wonder if this can be linked to a driver/hardware issue like a deadlock if iwconfig $ifName regulary on a network interface. This is very confusing.

Thanks for the info.  I will do some testing with this.  I find it hard to believe that others are not having this similar issue on larger linux production servers.

Thanks