Topic: MIssing deps for php-mysql package when used with MySQL 5.5

hello there sir, and thank you for providing these excellent repositories  smile

i ran into a small problem when upgrading from the MySQL 5.1 packages to the 5.5 packages, i was able to upgrade the MySQL packages themselves just fine, but the php-mysql package now has depsolving problems:

--> Running transaction check
---> Package php-mysql.x86_64 0:5.3.5-1.el5.remi.1 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.16(libmysqlclient_16)(64bit) for package: php-mysql
--> Processing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.16()(64bit) for package: php-mysql
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
php-mysql-5.3.5-1.el5.remi.1.x86_64 from remi has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.16(libmysqlclient_16)(64bit) is needed by package php-mysql-5.3.5-1.el5.remi.1.x86_64 (remi)
php-mysql-5.3.5-1.el5.remi.1.x86_64 from remi has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.16()(64bit) is needed by package php-mysql-5.3.5-1.el5.remi.1.x86_64 (remi)
Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.16()(64bit) is needed by package php-mysql-5.3.5-1.el5.remi.1.x86_64 (remi)
Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.16(libmysqlclient_16)(64bit) is needed by package php-mysql-5.3.5-1.el5.remi.1.x86_64 (remi)

investigating further, libmysqlclient.so.16 is provided by the 5.1 mysql-libs package in your repositories, but NOT by the 5.5 mysql-libs package -- that package provides only libmysqlclient.so.161

some quick googling indicates to me a problem in the mysql-libs-5.5.9-1 package building -- i see no reference anywhere online to libmysqlclient.so.161 except in your packages...  wink

i would greatly appreciate any insight you could provide into this problem.

thank you for your time!

chad

Re: MIssing deps for php-mysql package when used with MySQL 5.5

You need to install the compat-mysql51 (from remi-test) first, which provides the libmysqlclient.so.16.

Upstream use .16 for 5.1 and 5.5. I have change this, and use .161 because there is really an ABI breakage (libmysqlclient_r doesn't exists anymore)

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Re: MIssing deps for php-mysql package when used with MySQL 5.5

ah, i had "includepkgs=mysql*" for the remi-test repo, so it wasn't picking up the compat rpm.  changing that to "includepkgs=mysql* compat-mysql*" did the trick.  thank you sir for your kind and expedient help!

keep up the good work,

chad