Topic: In need of libmemcached-0.49

I have 2 machines with CentOS 5.7 x86_64 installed. On the fresh install of my development machine, I spent numerous hours troubleshooting the installation of memcached/libmemcached and configuring php to use the memcached server. The ONLY way I could get it to work is by installing libmemcached-0.49-1.el5.remi. I did the fresh install in September and since then, the remi repository has updated the libmemcached version to 0.53 and the 0.49 is no longer available. I need this package to install memcached on the 2nd existing machine.

I am requesting help on 1 of 3 things:
1) Can someone provide the CentOS RPM for libmemcached-0.49?
2) Can the repository administrator enable the old package so that it can be installed via yum. If repository server space is not an issue, would it be possible to setup a repository with ALL remi packages, past and current?
or 3) Can someone provide instructions or help on how to install/configure a newer version of libmemcahced/memcached/libevent/any other dependencies on a CentOS 5.7 x86_64 system with php-5.2.10? I specifically need memcached and not memcache.

Here are the original steps taken to install it on a fresh CentOS 5.7 installation:

# yum install libevent libevent-devel
# yum install libmemcached --enablerepo=remi (installed version libmemcached-0.49-1.el5.remi)
# yum install memcached --enablerepo=epel (installed version memcached-1.4.5-1.el5.i386)
# pecl install memcached
# echo -e "; ----- Enable Memcached\nextension=memcached.so" >> /etc/php.d/memcached.ini
# chkconfig memcached on
# cat /etc/sysconfig/memcached | sed 's/^CACHESIZE="64"/CACHESIZE="1024"/' > /tmp/memcached
# mv /tmp/memcached /etc/sysconfig/
# /etc/init.d/memcached start
# /etc/init.d/httpd restart

Re: In need of libmemcached-0.49

I will look in my offline archive when back to home in a few days.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Remi wrote:

I will look in my offline archive when back to home in a few days.

Thank you! I will look for the update.

libmemcached 0.49 uploaded in the archive (not a repo, just a folder)

Just remember that my goal is to provide the most recent php stuff, not oldies (such as php 5.2.10).

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi