Topic: Looking for old php-5.2.6 rpms

Hi, I have a machine running a webapp that does not yet run under php 5.3.  Up to this point we have been running php-5.2.6 rpms from the remi repo.  I have a need for php-mbstring, but cannot find it anywhere.
1. I just realized that 5.2.10 is in the archives, so I'll try that out eventually.
2. In the short term, does anybody have the php-mbstring-5.2.6-1.el5.remi.x86_64.rpm maybe in their /var/cache/yum/remi/packages subdirectory?

Re: Looking for old php-5.2.6 rpms

Here = php-mbstring-5.2.6-1.el5.remi.x86_64.rpm (just added)

+

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Thank you so much Remi, this is very much appreciated.  I'll soon work on upgrading to the 5.2.10 versions in the archive.  I have to first test to make sure that it doesn't break anything.  Again, thank you!

Hi all,

I've also posted in the open discussion forum. I hope posting across both is not considered bad, but I am hoping to reach more people this way, please forgive me.

I too have some web applications running with 5.2.6 still (on RHEL 4). We have copies of all the binary packages needed to re-install and run the systems (Merci Remi!), but now I need to debug a core dump in gdb, and so need to recompile from a src rpm to get a debuginfo package to install.

Does anyone have a copy of the old 5.2.6 src (or even just the .spec file).

Thanks,
Daniel

I should have this on my archive DVD.
I need to search.
Not really motivated.
I will try to plan this for next week.

Remi

Merci!

My latest srpm for php 5.2.6 is uploaded

But I really don't understand your goal to do debug in a such old version, while 5.2.17 (and 5.3.5) are available and fixes so much bugs.

+

P.S. don't forget that I always prefer/promote the use of the latest version. Such "service" (archiving, searching in the archive, uploading, ...) implied lot of work for me, so ....

Thank you again!

(It's for a system developed for a client that has strange views on change. Of any kind. *sigh*)

Remi wrote:

Here = php-mbstring-5.2.6-1.el5.remi.x86_64.rpm (just added)
+

Hi Remi, in the past I have tried upgrading to both 5.2.10 and 5.2.17 on these older servers.  In both cases, large breakage occurred and I had to roll back to your 5.2.6 rpms, the only ones that work.  Over the next couple of days, I'm going to re-attempt my locally built 5.2.17 (a rebuild of your 5.2.17 SRPM IIRC), but with the appropriate version of php-pecl-apc (3.1.9 appears to be the correct version to use).

For the time being, would you be able to find a php-soap-5.2.6-1.el5.remi.x86_64 rpm that I can use to get past my immediate issue?

Much regards...        Todd

Uploaded : php-soap-5.2.6-1.el5.remi.x86_64.rpm