Topic: Remi Repo not working on AWS

I have an AWS instance and was trying to setup the Remi Repository for updating some of my packages. It appears that I am not able to retrieve the repository files in AWS.

For the following command issued at the server:
yum --enablerepo=remi,remi-test install php php-fpm php-common php-cli

I get the following error message:
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://rpms.famillecollet.com/enterpris … emi/mirror error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"

I do not have this problem with the server I setup at home. Is AWS blocking Remi? Is there any way around this?

Re: Remi Repo not working on AWS

I don't know exactly what is AWS (Amazon Web Service ?) and I don't know what is the distribution behind...

It seems "releasever" is set to "latest" (according to the URL), so just fix this in the remi.repo file.

But I have no idea if it will work as expected as I don't know the change applied to the distro.

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Yes. It is Amazon Web Services. Did the change you recommended, it is still not working. I don't think there is any the problem with the definitions in the remi.repo. I used the same definitions with the server I set up at home and it works fine. It appears that Amazon is not allowing access to your sites both the base URL and the mirror sites. Is there a manual way around this, where I can download the repo list and get yum to do the install.

What have you set as mirror url ?

Remi,

I am using the default definition in your remi.repo file.

mirrorlist=http://rpms.famillecollet.com/enterprise/$releasever/remi/mirror

So, as I said in my previous post, fix this URL, remplacing $releasever by appropriate value (5 or 6, according to the used distro), if is is really a clone of Enterprise Linux (RHEL, CentOS, ...)

Remi,

Yes, it worked. Thank you so much for your help.