Topic: SRPM and pear

Greetings,

I am experimenting with running PHP using database client extensions compiled against the same of the server version they will be connecting to (that is, mysql client to be 5.5 not 5.0 and pgsql to be 9.3 not 8.4)
I grabbed the SRPM for php 5.5.4 to do the compilation.  Trying to deal with circular dependencies and how packages are created has been quite interesting but one I really got stuck trying to resolve with pear:

Found '/home/username/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/php-pear-1.9.4-19.el6.x86_64' in installed files; aborting

Can I please get a hint on how to proceed with that or what additional information I need to provide.

Thank you.

Re: SRPM and pear

I don't know what change you have to the spec, and your build environment.
But obviously you do something wrong (and I don't have enough information to help)

Tip: use mock to build the packages (not rpmbuild)

Laptop:  Fedora 38 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
x86_64 builder: Fedora 39 + rpmfusion + remi-test
aarch64 builder: RHEL 9 with EPEL
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

> that is, mysql client to be 5.5 not 5.0
php 5.5 (using my spec), don't use mysql client library but mysql native driver.

Thank you,
I see that mock is better than rpm build. I made no modifications to the spec files. Just doing a build of SRPM. As an update, currently trying to figure out dependency on gd >= 2.1 while centos has its name as gd-last.  Maybe I will change spec file just for that, to look for gd-last instead of gd.

CentOS doesn't have gd >= 2.1 (only 2.0.33 or 2.0.35)
That's the reason why gd-last is provided in my repo.