Topic: Problem with perl-DBD-mysql and remi

I am SL6/Centos6 user.

I am using Remi PHP packages (mainly for oracle support)

I have the following problem ...

Redhat Perl requires libmysqlclient.so.16

Remi PHP forces a chain of upgrade that ends up with libmysqlclient.so.18

Has anybody overcome this problem before?

Re: Problem with perl-DBD-mysql and remi

libmysqlclient.so.16 is provided by compat-mysql51 which should be pulled by yum.
Please post the full yum output.

Desktop: Fedora 33 + rpmfusion + remi-test + remi-dev
Laptop:  Fedora 32 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi

Re: Problem with perl-DBD-mysql and remi

10x

I think I solved using the compat libraries

I installed mysql-libs-5.1.52-1.el6_0.1.x86_64 from the vendor

From REMI I installed ...
[root@host-8-59 mysql]# rpm -qa | grep remi

php-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-mbstring-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-mcrypt-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-pdo-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-ldap-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-xml-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
compat-mysql55-5.5.11-1.el6.remi.x86_64
php-common-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-bcmath-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-pear-1.9.3-2.el6.remi.noarch
php-soap-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-mysql-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-oci8-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-cli-5.3.6-4.el6.remi.x86_64
php-pecl-rrd-1.0.3-1.el6.remi.x86_64

It seems this setup is stable.

Re: Problem with perl-DBD-mysql and remi

Yes this is a solution.

(php-mysql + compat-mysql55) + (others app + mysql-libs-5.1)
or
(php-mysql + mysql-libs-5.5) + (others app + compat-mysql51)

Desktop: Fedora 33 + rpmfusion + remi-test + remi-dev
Laptop:  Fedora 32 + rpmfusion + remi (SCL only)
Hosting Server: CentOS 8 Stream with EPEL, rpmfusion, remi